Friday, March 12, 2010

Spontaneity keeps us feeling young

Ok, completely random is how this road trip began.  I was driving back from dropping Zoey off at daycare for the day and was thinking that we only have a short amount of time left of our maternity/paternity leave.  That thought then manifested into wanting to get out of dodge for a bit … but where to go … someplace warm! someplace to see the ocean! As soon as I got home I ran the idea of driving to Miami to visit with Brian by David.  He called Brian right away and was like, so .. want company? lol.  So we left that afternoon for our two day road trip.  We stopped in Jacksonville FL the first night, then on to Miami the next day.  Little man did fine in the car just woke up when he got hungry then went right back to sleep.  The first night in Miami we ate at this yummy restaurant called Moshi Moshi.  Brian ordered this hella grubbin' shrimp special thing … OMG it was soo good, by far the best thing I ate on our trip.  The next day we went down to South Beach and had lunch, walked around, did some ppl watching, and walked on the beach.  Later that night, Brian cooked dinner for us and so began the Super Mario Bros Wii addiction.  We played that game pretty much every night we were there.  The first night we played it made us feel like we were 12 again … "I'll go to bed after I beat this level" … so much fun.  The rest of the trip consisted of David and I doing the touristy things as both Brian and Henry were working while we were there.  We went outlet shopping, went to the Zoo, went to the Holocaust Memorial, and took a daytrip to Key Biscayne.  We also happened to discover the Miami graffitti scene and was able to take some pretty cool pics with our camera.  The week went by so fast … I know I didn't want to leave as we were having such a good time spending time with the family  … not to mention the warm weather and the Beach! We made it back home yesterday  … back to suburbia… back to work in a couple weeks … still have so much housework to do.

Miami Trip Pictures Here

No comments:

Post a Comment